- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 pound penne pasta (use whole wheat, it's healthier!)
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milke
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion (red is prettier), diced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch cayenne
- 2 1/2 cups grated Cheddar (about 6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup fine bread crumbs
- Pinch of whatever spices you want! I recommend garlic powder, paprika, basil, and oregano)
Sunday, January 31
Since I had been wanting to see the show for years, naturally I gave it a try. With my phone, my mom's phone, and my dad's phone. We got a reply telling us that a winner would be chosen by 8pm that night.
Tuesday, January 19
Monday, January 11
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves stripped from stems
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Arrange chicken in a baking dish, 9 by 13-inch. Add garlic, rosemary, extra-virgin olive oil, lemon zest and grill seasoning or salt and pepper to the dish. Toss and coat the chicken with all ingredients, then place in oven. Roast 20 minutes. Add wine and lemon juice to the dish and combine with pan juices. Return to oven and turn oven off. Let stand 5 minutes longer then remove chicken from the oven. Place baking dish on trivet and serve, spooning pan juices over the chicken pieces.
The chicken turned out pretty good! It wasn't browned as much as I usually like, so if I make it again I think that I would brown it on the stovetop before serving. To go with it I just made some couscous (just to shake things up and not have rice all the time!) and diced some red onions, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and carrots and fried them and mixed them with the couscous. A pretty good meal if I do say so myself!