I have actually never had chicken tortilla soup until I made this recipe, so I can’t compare it to anything. That being said, I really liked this recipe! Mostly because it is so ridiculously easy (seriously, one of the easiest crock pot recipes) but it makes quite a bit, so if you’re only cooking for two you might get sick of it before you’ve run out! Unfortunately, you can’t really cut down since part of what makes the recipe so easy is that it’s just a bunch of cans you mix together!
- 1-½ pound Frozen Chicken Breasts (or just shred some canned chicken)
- 15 ounces, fluid Diced Or Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 10 ounces, fluid Enchilada Sauce
- 1 whole Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 4 ounces, weight Can Chopped Green Chile Peppers
- 15 ounces, weight Frozen Corn
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Water
- 22-½ ounces, fluid Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoons Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Cilantro, Optional
- Tortilla Chips, Crushed
- Cheddar Cheese (Optional)
1. Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, corn, garlic, water, chicken broth, seasonings, and cilantro into the crock pot. Stir and cover. Put on low setting for 7-8 hours.
2. Remove chicken breasts and shred with 2 forks. Place back in the crock pot and stir.
3. Serve with crushed chips and a sprinkle of cheese! (I recommend hint of lime chips!)